Overview of Fiscal Sponsorship:
NIFP members are invited to apply for non-profit fiscal sponsorship of film and video projects by joining at the Professional Membership level.
Project Eligibility: Film or video projects must non-commercial in nature, and must be imaginative contributions to the film and video art form. Example: (non-commercial: any project not being undertaken by a producer for a third party that has agreed to pay the producer for their services. Television advertising, industrial videos, training programs, sales videos and other such projects are not eligible for sponsorship.)
Applicant Eligibility: The applicant must be a member of Nebraska Independent Film Projects, Inc. The applicant must retain creative control of the proposed production and must own the copyright to the program. Projects proposed as part of a class or course of study are not eligible for sponsorship.
Review Process: A selection committee will review applications and sample works and recommend sponsorship for projects based on project goals, feasibility and the demonstrated abilities of the production team to produce a successful project.
Nature of Support: NIFP will not award grants to applicants. Rather, NIFP will serve as a tax-exempt sponsor of film/video grant applications and as a fiscal intermediary for projects awarded funding.
Application Procedures: Applicants will provide all of the material listed below. Please include all of the information requested. Incomplete of illegible proposals will not be considered. A completed submission must complete the entire webpage, and optionally include five (5) unbound copies of the elements listed below, collated on 8 1/2 by 11” paper.
- Application Form: Complete the entire NIFP Fiscal Sponsorship Program application form. Paper and PDF copies are optional.
- Project Description: The Project Description should be a concise and thorough description of the project no longer than five thousand words (5000) in length. It should clearly describe why the proposed project deserves to be produced and what it will “look like” in its completed form. The resumes of principal production staff and participants must be included. The project description should include the following:
a) A synopsis if the proposed project that walks the selection committee through the project as it will be presented. If necessary, provide background information in explaining the content if your proposed work;
b) A description of the proposed approach to the film/video production, including stylistic or technical aspects of the production and any distinctive aesthetic of the project;
c) A description of the intended audience for your film/video and your plans for distribution;
d) Indicate the current status of the work being proposed as well as the completion timeline of the project;
e) Indicate who you plan to approach about funding.
- Proposed Budget: A detailed total project budget must itemize all project costs, including the areas of pre-production, production, and post-production. It should contain a breakdown of all salaries, fees, supplies, rental costs, processing costs, insurance, music beds, narration, travel, etc. This breakdown should include unit pricing as well as grand totals. It should list any expenditures already incurred on the film/video a well as name any in-kind contributions secured of anticipated. Applicant must indicate how much of the total project cost they are requesting that NIFP sponsor. All sources and amounts of additional support for the project should be listed.
- Sample of Work: A sample of previously completed work must accompany your application. Streaming URLs are preferred.
- References: The applicant must submit the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application Information: Compete and submit the form on this page. OPTIONAL: Mail completed proposal to:
PO Box 80205
Lincoln, NE 68501
NIFP is not responsible for loss of or damage to application materials due to shipping, storage, or presentation. The applicant will be notified in writing regarding the status if their proposal at the end of the review process.
NOTE: NIFP charges a fiscal agent fee if five percent (5%) for any money granted through the organization to sponsored projects.
Using Your Fiscal Sponsorship
NIFP’s Fiscal Sponsorship Program allows you to apply for grants from other non-profit organizations and accept tax-exempt donations from individuals using NIFP’s non-profit 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt statues and Federal Tax ID Number.
Donations from individuals can be written off as a charitable donation on their individual income tax returns. An example of the donation receipt is available for review upon request.
To use your sponsorship when processing grant applications from other non-profit organizations, use the following guidelines:
- When filling out the application, use Nebraska Independent Film Projects as the legal name of the organization.
- Use NIFP’s post office box as the address.
P.O. Box 80205
Lincoln, NE 68507
- Use your name and phone numbers when filling out contact information.
- If required by the organization, make a copy of your acceptance letter and attach it to the application as proof of sponsorship.
To us your sponsorship when processing donations from individuals, use the following guidelines:
- The check must be made out to Nebraska Independent Film Projects.
- The check must be mailed to NIFP’s post office box.
P.O. Box 80205
Lincoln, NE 68507
- On the note line of the check, have the donor write your name and the name of your project.
- Tell the donor that a receipt will be mailed back to them once their donation has been processed.
Once NIFP has received and processed the grant or donation, a check will be made out to you from NIFP’s account minus the 5% administration fee. This check will be mailed to the address on your fiscal sponsorship application. Please provide us with any change of address information during the sponsorship period.
If you have questions, please contact NIFP email@example.com
Nebraska Independent Film Projects A non-profit 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization Federal Tax ID: 47-0753318